Monday, June 15, 2009

Moira Brown

My good friend Moira Brown, who’s interviewed me twice on 100 Huntley Street, “gets” the message of my book in a big way. One reason why: her own story.

There was no reason to suspect bad news when my uncle appeared at the door on January 6th, 1970. But as he walked with my mother to the living room, an invisible cushion of support came around me and a clear impression that “something’s coming, but it’s going to be all right.” Within minutes, my siblings and I would learn that our father had died suddenly of a heart attack while skiing on the very slopes where actress Natasha Richardson had a fatal fall this spring – Mount Tremblant in Quebec. At age 47, Dad was gone, leaving six children and a 39-year-old widow “like sheep without a shepherd” (Mark 6:34 NIV)

It would be many years before I realized that the supernatural comfort and strength I experienced during those tumultuous days was the provision of my heavenly Father. Deuteronomy 33:27 was a thrilling discovery, identifying my mysterious “cushion”: “The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms….” Those arms of love have guarded and guided me ever since.


You can read Moira’s whole article online at www.christianity.ca or www.crossroadstv.ca. As well, you can catch my second interview with Moira online at

No comments: