Friday, January 30, 2009

Interview on Steve Brown, Etc.

Today I had the privilege of joining Dave Schmelzer, author of Not the Religious Type: Confessions of a Turncoat Atheist (SaltRiver, Tyndale), on Steve Brown, Etc. What a kick! Steve Brown, Dave, and I had an hour to discuss what it means to find, lose, and re-embrace faith.

In Dave Schmelzer’s case, he dropped out of church by age 7, became the campus atheist as a teenager, but then lost his atheism during his first two years of college and became a sold-out follower of Jesus Christ. My story is a mirror opposite of Dave’s. In my case, I visited church at age 7, became a solid-out follower of Jesus Christ by age 13, and then during my first two years of college paid my dues to my atheistic father by studying under a German existentialist philosopher.

I absolutely love Dave’s very readable / super smart book, resonate with much of what he wrote and said during our hour together on Steve Brown, Etc., and highly recommend his blog.

You can catch today’s Steve Brown, Etc. interview on his website.

No comments: