Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thanks for the tremendous reader responses so far...

It’s been amazing to see If God Disappears generating so much pass-along and word of mouth. I’m already hearing from people who say they’re the fifth or sixth person to read an individual copy of my book. If all I ever had were the phone calls, letters, e-mails, heartfelt blog postings, live radio call-in conversations, lengthy book signings and face-to-face conversations of the past few weeks, all the work I did writing If God Disappears would have been worth it.

 

Many people have told me they read my new book in one sitting. Of the scores of blog postings by readers, the one that touched me the most was from a guy my age. His marriage is ending in divorce after years serving the Lord. He heard about my book, read it, and wrote on his blog that my book “near saved” his faith. He went on to write: “At a time when everything and everyone I’ve loved is slipping away from me, to have this reminder that God is still there AND still loves me couldn’t have shown up at a better time. I cannot thank Mr. Sanford nearly enough for writing this.”

 

I’ve heard the same thing from people of all ages — a large number of students, of course, but also many people in their late twenties and thirties, and many more who are middle aged and older. Even retirees are struggling with faith issues to a surprising degree. Just as meaningful are all the people telling me how easy it has been to give my book to loved ones and friends who are struggling.

 

Even my atheistic dad, age 73, picked up a copy of the book and read it in a couple of sittings. It’s had a profound impact on him. I can’t wait to see him let go of the past and trust Jesus Christ after all of these years. He’s closer than ever. I’m almost in tears just writing those words.

 

What’s your story? I’d love to hear from you. You can post a comment below or write to me at IfGodDisappears[at]gmail[dot]com.

3 comments:

Tso six said...

I am so glad that God is working through this book, David. I know your heart and how much you want folks to know and experience Christ. May God do some unimaginable things through this book so that we might be amazed by Him.

Ruth C. said...

Your new book is beautiful, David, certainly right on task with what so many are feeling and the way the Spirit is leading in many lives...thank you!

Shelley B. said...

Your style is so engaging and warm, and your heart comes straight through. I can see many of my friends reading this book. The size makes it unintimidating. It's a great, great book.