Friday, May 23, 2008

What are the 9 reasons...?

In my new book, If God Disappears (Tyndale House Publishers, Salt River Press, September 2008), I addresses nine reasons 31 million Americans have left the church and no longer meet with any group of Christians, large or small. In many cases, they’ve not only lost their faith in the church, but also in Scripture and God himself. As the son of an atheist – and as someone who “paid his dues” studying atheistic doctrines under a German existentialist philosopher – I know there’s nowhere else to turn.

Thankfully, through my intensive study of Scripture, church history, and contemporary experience, I have become convinced that it’s not too late for someone to come back to God – whether he or she walked away from the faith or felt God was the one who left.

So, what are the 9 reasons people experientially lose their faith? And what are the 9 ways people can come back to God with a stronger, much more vibrant faith? You can e-mail me and I’ll be glad to send you both lists.

No comments: